POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : A pattern for each color component : Re: A pattern for each color component Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A pattern for each color component
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Mar 2000 07:09:00
Message: <chrishuff_99-874AB7.07105716032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38d0a778@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   How hard would it be to make a patch that allows to specify a pattern
> for each color component of the pigment separately?
>   I mean that the red component could have a bozo pattern, the green
> component a marble pattern, the blue a granite pattern and the filter
> a wood pattern.

I think this is already possible by using 3 layered textures with
transmit and a fourth with filter. That is pretty clunky, though.

How about a new pigment_map type, "additive", which holds multiple
pigments and adds up their results, with a syntax similar to "average".
You could use one pigment for the red, another for the green, and a
third for the blue, etc.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom