POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feasibility of features for 0.6 : Re: Feasibility of features for 0.6 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feasibility of features for 0.6
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 May 2000 08:20:55
Message: <chrishuff_99-870381.07242617052000@news.povray.org>
In article <39228815.F108998C@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

>     1)  int(a)
>     2)  mod(a,b)

The int() and mod() functions are already in POV-Ray, perhaps you mean
in isosurface functions?

>     3)  a function that gives the true surface min & max extent of a
> blob, not its overly spacious bounding box;

The blob object should probably have better bounding_box calculation, no
need for a new function. In the meantime, you can do this yourself using
a macro with trace(), there were some posted a while ago.

>     4)  a function that gives the volume of an isosurface, blob, etc.

Would this really be that useful? I don't know how it would be done...
I suppose you could approximate this in a macro by using eval_pattern
with the blob or function pattern, by taking a bunch of samples in a 3D
grid and discarding ones below the threshold value.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/