POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1) : Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Royal Coachman(trout fly) - Coachman.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Jan 2000 22:34:19
Message: <chrishuff_99-81B08D.22332304012000@news.povray.org>
After the talking about fly tying, I decided to make some flies in POV.
This type is called the Royal Coachman. It is a trout fly, but can be
used for just about anything. The model isn't quite complete, it doesn't
have any wings. Also, on most of the ones I tie, the red band is
narrower, and a lot flatter(less "bulge" to it). Sometimes fine gold
colored wire is wrapped around the red band.

The red band is floss, and the humps on each side are peacock strands.
The tail is made of fibers from golden pheasant neck feathers.
There is a fly called the Royal Wulff, which has white hair wings
instead of feater wings but is otherwise identical. I may do that
instead.

This is all hand coded.

--
Chris Huff