POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : merging filtered colors : Re: merging filtered colors Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: merging filtered colors
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Dec 1999 09:11:11
Message: <chrishuff_99-81256F.09113812121999@news.povray.org>
In article <38533f26@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

> Merging them into one I think would be impossible due to limitations in
> the RGBFT light model.  If we instead used r,g,b,rf,gf,bf (with a filter
> amount for each color channel), then they could be combined easily.

This sounds close to what I tried to accomplish with my transparency
patch, except my patch would allow you to use multiplicative, additive,
subtractive, average, and various other filters(using the word in the
sense of Photoshop filters), with a pattern and color_map for each one.
This would be very useful for layered textures, unfortunately I never
got it to work. The transparency patch I have distributed only does
blurring of the transparency, which is still specified the old way.

Maybe I will get back to work on this patch, now that I have a bit more
experience programming and a better knowledge of the POV source.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom