POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Apr 2000 23:57:37
Message: <chrishuff_99-7CD5AD.23004027042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3908e430@news.povray.org>, "TonyB"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> Look into adding some way of adding sparkles when the color of the pixel
> surpasses a user-specified threshold. You know, kinda like lensflares. I
> would call that filter "dings".

Why "dings"?
This could be a good idea, though...I will try a couple things.

> I would also like to suggest that you add some way of blurring
> specific objects. You could use this to fake blurred reflections.

The code for object-specific effects is not finished yet, so filters
can't currently use that feature.

> Oh, and how about a filter that blurs shadows? That way we
> could have area_lights without actually using them.

Probably not possible...there is no way to get shadow data.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/