POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bars : Re: bars Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bars
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2000 19:17:58
Message: <chrishuff_99-711689.18205725042000@news.povray.org>
In article <39062209.57F956E3@pilot.msu.edu>, Nick Portelli
<por### [at] pilotmsuedu> wrote:

> Why does the media make the background disappear?  All it is is a
> sky_shpere.  This is using atmospheric media, would it be faster if I
> enclosed it in a primitive?  Other than that I was just goofing
> around at work.

The sky sphere background is at an infinite distance, so there is an
infinite length of media between the camera and the sky. This is why it
is black.
It is usually recommended to place media in some kind of container
object, it is easier to control and adjust that way, and faster.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/