POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cop Bot (18Kbu) : Re: Cop Bot (18Kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cop Bot (18Kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Apr 2000 19:35:52
Message: <chrishuff_99-6953AA.18381904042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38EA75F7.3D199B9D@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Wow, you get to study English in English? Instead, we study
> literature and half the kids don't know what the difference is
> between an adjective and an adverb.

Well, I know the difference between an adjective and an adverb, I just
can't identify them in a sentence reliably, and forget about
prepositions, appositives, gerunds, infinitives, etc...
Which is unfortunate, since the curriculum mostly consists of
identifying sentence parts...
I already took American Literature and General Literature(or World
Literature), they counted as English classes too, as I recall. Basic
Composition was bad, but I managed to get through it. My biggest problem
is Grammar III, I just failed the past two grading periods and am not on
a good start in the current one.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/