POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Awake? (~24k) : Re: Awake? (~24k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awake? (~24k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Apr 2000 13:38:51
Message: <chrishuff_99-68520C.12412509042000@news.povray.org>

<juh### [at] kolumbusfi> wrote:

> I'm lazy I fell from grace and postprocessed (my first time and it
> was just a slight blur) the reflection in the black thingy on the
> right (which IRL holds my CDs).

Since the alternative was to use an image_map to fake it(yuck!) or to
use blurred reflection(slow!), I think you can be forgiven...

> The little dude is sPatch + a (pathetic) blob. The clock is sPatch +
> primitives and everything else is csg.

Everything in the background has flat lighting and no shading, the pot
is a good example of what I mean. I would recommend that you set ambient
light to 0 and use MegaPOV radiosity. Just copy the settings from one of
the demo files-Nathans modifications to radiosity make that sort of
laziness possible. :-)
You might have to add an additional dim light source or lighten the
walls to get good lighting, though...

I'm glad to see that someone finds my isocactus useful. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/