POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Lamp and a Question <21k jpg> : Re: A Lamp and a Question <21k jpg> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lamp and a Question <21k jpg>
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Jan 2000 20:43:54
Message: <chrishuff_99-651F7D.20443024012000@news.povray.org>
In article <388CFA43.D8586A75@aol.com>, "SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> It seems a lot like blurred reflection; is it just as slow?

Yes. I actually just copied over some of the blurred reflection code
into Refract() and made some very slight modifications, I didn't
actually write much.
I have gotten started on a new transparence patch, the syntax might
eventually be like this:
finish {
    transparence {
        transparence_blur AMOUNT
        blur_samples SAMPLES
        filter_pigment {PIGMENT}
        transmit_pigment {PIGMENT}
    }
}
I will release the code when I have the blur done, I will then make an
attempt at the filter_pigment and transmit_pigment. Those last two will
simply allow you to specify a color for the filter or transmit by using
a pigment. It might take a while, though, I have to re-learn much of the
lighting code, and account for dispersion, photons, etc.(it is based on
MegaPOV 0.3, and there are a lot of changes from the official version)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom