POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hallway WIP3 (~125kau) : Re: Hallway WIP3 (~125kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hallway WIP3 (~125kau)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Apr 2000 18:42:41
Message: <chrishuff_99-63F299.17452113042000@news.povray.org>
Lanterns?!? I thought you were going for a futuristic look, something
like a spacecraft that crash lands on some planet, so I expected light
panels or at least some kind of flourescent tubes. Now this looks like
something you might find in an old mine or in the lower parts of an old
derelict cargo ship(oil tanker?).

Anyway, as someone else mentioned, the cages and chains for the lanterns
are out of scale. And I still think the door looks too small for its
apparent weight and for such a wide passageway. It looks very thick and
heavy-duty, I would expect it to be a bit...er, larger. Right now, if I
use the lanterns as a guide(assuming they are the same size as normal
hand-held lanterns), that door would only be suitable for the Seven
Dwarves. :-)

I noticed you covered the arch with some kind of metal grating, that was
a good idea for getting rid of some of the extra space. Maybe the
lanterns should go above it and have holes in the grating for refilling?
But then they probably wouldn't be very visible in the image...

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/