POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Comments requested : Re: Comments requested Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comments requested
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Dec 1999 23:11:27
Message: <chrishuff_99-63E554.23115210121999@news.povray.org>
In article <3851c981@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

> =================
> - Persistent Variables -
> =================
>
> I opted for the all-or-nothing approach.  Either all variables are
> persistent or none are.  This was by far the easiest and cleanest way to
> do
> this.  Does this provide enough functionality?  (Remember, you can #undef
> objects if you don't want them to be persistent.)

I think this is the best way to do it. Because of the way the scene
files are structured, variables are always initialized. You can just
check to see if the variable already exists if you want that one to be
persistant.

> =================
> - Persistent Objects -
> =================

I really don't have any ideas about this, I do kind of like it the way
you did it, though.

> =================
> - Motion Blur -
>
> motion_blur{} is almost like an implied #while loop.

This should definitely be kept, and just carefully documented. It could
be very useful to be able to control the object blur motion with
something in addition to the clock variable, using a variable
incremented within the blur statement as a counter.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom