POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) : Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Dec 1999 16:38:15
Message: <chrishuff_99-5D09DB.16383508121999@news.povray.org>
In article <1e2if1h.153on6f1bsrqniN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

> We tested the two scenes with your updated sources.
> There is improvement. It doesn't crash as often. Rendering one of the
> scenes over and over seems ok now. But rendering the two scenes
> alternating freezes the computer.
>
> Could you have another look at it? This patch has potential!

Strange, very strange...those patches only affected the pattern data
structure, there isn't anything going across renders. The only thing I
did that might need to be reinitialized for each render would be the
z-buffer patch, but that definitely shouldn't cause a crash.

I added code to copy the object to proxObject, and code to copy the
object when a pattern was copied, and code to destroy the object. I
probably goofed in one of the last two, I will try to reproduce the
crash.

BTW, are you using media with these patterns? Although media probably
isn't the culprit...

> BTW, do you have any recent example scenes (complete ) for the proximity
> patch?

No, but I can make a few quick ones.

--
Chris Huff