POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media air - HOW? : Re: Media air - HOW? Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media air - HOW?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Apr 2000 16:38:29
Message: <chrishuff_99-5CE96F.15405403042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38E8FA5B.5FC655C4@netvision.net.il>, Lewis
<nle### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:

> The scene file in included, but here is the code of the media I used:
>
> media
> {
>   intervals 10
>   samples 5, 5
>   confidence 0.9
>   variance 1/128
>   ratio 1
>   scattering {1, rgb <0.1,0.1,0.1> extinction 1}
>
> }
>
> help! The white stuff covers the whole image, denser when there is
> something closer. I also included the image without media.

Well, first, your media isn't contained by any object. This makes it
somewhat unpredictable, and doesn't work well for the background areas,
so I put it in a sphere.
Second, you seem to be using MegaPOV, so you might as well use method 3
media. You can get smoother results with lower settings and much faster
rendering this way.
Finally, your media is *way* too dense. I decreased it to 1/20th of what
it was. Here is my version of the media, you might want to fine-tune the
density and extinction:
sphere {<0,0,0>, 1 scale < 1000, 150, 1000>
    texture {
        pigment {color rgbf <1,1,1,1>}
    }
    interior {
        media {
            intervals 1
            samples 5, 5
            confidence 0.9
            variance 1/128
            ratio 1
            scattering {1, rgb 0.005 extinction 0.6}
            method 3
            aa_level 4 aa_threshold 0.1
        }
    }
    hollow on
}

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/