POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : patterned light : Re: patterned light - Test2.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patterned light - Test2.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2000 14:20:08
Message: <chrishuff_99-5AFB51.14210327022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b97191@news.povray.org>, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mha### [at] mindaswinternetcouk> wrote:

> Nieminen Juha wrote
>  Is there some difference between the patterned light source and a
>  regular light source with a tiny sphere around it with the desired
>  pattern applied?
>
> Here's a pic based on the latter, source in p.t.s.f

And here is the version done with my patch. The small sphere surrounding
the light source was removed, and the pigment was applied to the
light_source with the scaling removed.
Notice the pattern is not projected onto the surfaces from a point, it
simply changes the color of the light.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom