POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 May 2000 08:39:56
Message: <chrishuff_99-59A043.07430905052000@news.povray.org>
In article <FUMSOZRek52TE5mBLKHN7VYeCs19@4ax.com>, Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote:

> Splines sound like a good idea. I wasn't sure how elaborate you were
> wanting to get. It would be really nice to be able to enter a series
> of values (input vs output levels), and have the software generate a
> smooth response curve from them.

That is what I am planning...but I am debating whether to use an
internal spline(probably a cosine spline, maybe an optional cubic
spline), or to use a color_map(easier, multiple "film types" can be
declared in an include file and used in the "curves" filter, but I
suspect only uses linear interpolation.).
Maybe a "blend_type" option should be added to _maps to switch between
cosine, linear, cubic, etc. This would solve the problem with using
color_maps, and make anything which uses color_maps, texture_maps,
normal_maps, etc more flexible as well.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/