POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blurred Transparence patch : Blurred Transparence patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred Transparence patch
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jan 2000 18:03:33
Message: <chrishuff_99-576BF8.18041126012000@news.povray.org>
I have uploaded the changed source files for the new version of my
blurred transparence patch to povray.binaries.programming. This version
is based on MegaPOV 0.3.
I haven't had the time to write any decent documentation, but this is
the syntax for the blurred transparence patch, it should be pretty
obvious by it's similarities with the blurred reflection patch:

finish {
    transparence {
        transparence_blur AMOUNT
        blur_samples SAMPLES
    }
}
global_settings {
    transparence {
        blur_samples SAMPLES
        blur_max_trace LEVEL
        blur_max_adc AMOUNT
    }
}

Note that it is very untested at this stage. I think I got everything
working correctly and without bugs, but some things might have been
missed. There is a known problem with layered textures(only the top
layer will blur), but it is not serious and I should have a fix sometime
soon.
Maybe I will also work on an alternate syntax for the reflection stuff,
something similar to this. It would be nice to have them more consistant
with each other.

I will upload a demo image to povray.binaries.images soon.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom