POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: particles? : Re: particles? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particles?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 May 2000 14:14:06
Message: <chrishuff_99-5558D2.13171905052000@news.povray.org>
In article <39127D70.4BA35A62@hotmail.com>, Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> When I post the preliminary ParticlePatch src (done over MegaPOV 0.4)
> next week (I
> think it will be finished by then) how should I post it
> 1 - just the bits I have inserted/changed & info on where they go
> 2 - changed src files
> 3 - complete src files

I post the entire file if I make a large number of changes to it or if
my additions take a large percentage of it's length, otherwise I post
the chunks that I modified/added, along with some of the surrounding
code so the correct place to put them is clearer. I don't bother to
include files that I haven't modified, I just indicate which version my
modifications are based on.
Though in the future, I will probably distribute whole source files more
often...

> PS - the results I have been getting wrt illumination and colouring
> leave something to be desired and look more like spherical fog than
> anything I got out of James Neill's ray-tracer - esp. comparing the
> first scene he did with the same scene converted to POV, but the
> refraction is quite good

Could you post some demo images so we all know what you are talking
about? :-)

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/