POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : little feature request : Re: little feature request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: little feature request
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Dec 1999 17:31:39
Message: <chrishuff_99-518C73.17320913121999@news.povray.org>
In article <8E9BE37FEseed7@204.213.191.228>, ing### [at] homenl (ingo)
wrote:

> Lets hope it's noticed now ;)
> It's perfect in combination with the trace() function and your very own
> object pattern.

If it gets added, I hope eval_pattern() gets added too. It is a bit
simpler than eval_pigment(), it returns the float value of the pattern
at the evaluation point.

Actually, I never thought of using my object pattern with these...it
would be a good way to detect whether a point is inside an object, while
trace() is useful for placing things relative to the surface of the
object.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom