POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First patterned light source image! : Re: First patterned light source image! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First patterned light source image!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2000 08:40:48
Message: <chrishuff_99-50E62B.08421627022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b91f92@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   What will be the main use of this feature?

Probably the thing it will be used for most often is custom spotlights.
You could control the falloff and the color at each angle precisely. And
with function patterns, you would have a very versatile way of
controlling the light source. Then there was the possibility of using it
as a hologram projector...
The things I find most interesting, like the possibility of using it to
simulate some of the wave behaviors of light, most likely wouldn't get
used very much.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom