POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another blurred transparence demo - newTransTest3.jpg (1/1) : Re: Another blurred transparencie (9K) - handles.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another blurred transparencie (9K) - handles.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Jan 2000 15:46:09
Message: <chrishuff_99-47618C.15464128012000@news.povray.org>
In article <3890FAE3.5D0B0B04@gci.net>, David Heys <sou### [at] gcinet>
wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote:
>
> > You can see how things close to the blurred
> > texture show through more clearly than farther things.
>
> Looks cool Chris. :{)
>
> Do you think that it'll eventually get to the point where you can create
> something like the doorknobs I've attached?

It is already at that point...here is an example I just did. It uses
both blurred reflection and blurred transparence for the glass
part.(since frosted glass reflects as well as just letting light through)
It still needs a little work(I need to use more samples to get rid of
some of the noise), but it's a start.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom