POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : First patterned light source image! : Re: First patterned light source image! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First patterned light source image!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2000 09:27:38
Message: <chrishuff_99-45DEC7.09290727022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38B### [at] pacbellnet>, lin### [at] povrayorg wrote:

> Oh really ? That was the first thing I thought of (see my reply to your
> thread in .images).

When I said wave behaviors, I meant things like interference patterns.
While simulating these using ray-tracing would be interesting, I don't
see why anyone would want to use it in an actual scene.

Another idea: simulating different colors of fluorescent paint on an
object. Use the light groups: make a white sphere which interacts with a
patterned light source, and have it be the only thing that light source
affects. Use another light source at the same position, but unpatterned,
and set it to affect everything but the sphere. The sphere will be the
only thing lit up by multi-colored light, which will make it look like
it is covered with several colors of fluorescent paint.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom