POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 May 2000 08:33:12
Message: <chrishuff_99-45465F.07361901052000@news.povray.org>
In article <390B5DFD.FD77D229@stud.ntnu.no>, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

> Yes, and by allowing the parameters to be vectors you can adjust the
> colour
> too. Just forgot something on the previous post: "Auto Levels" in
> Photoshop
> would be equal to levels{ 0,1 absolute}. The setting I'd prefer would be
> levels{1,1 relative}
>
> Don't mind asking, I'd really like to see this feature.

I guess I still don't get exactly what you mean...
I would have the syntax be like this:
levels {outMin, outMax, inMin, inMax}
where outMin and outMax specify the range of the result(destination)
colors, and inMin/inMax specify the range to take those values from. All
4 of these can be colors, but inMin and inMax are optional. If you don't
specify them, it will "autorange", and calculate inMin as min(inR, inG,
inB), and inMax as max(inR, inG, inB), and scale each color channel
equally.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/