POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere in Cube Logo : Re: Sphere in Cube Logo Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere in Cube Logo
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 May 2000 16:41:54
Message: <chrishuff_99-445F41.15451510052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391992f0@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> I presume you meant a very low brilliance value?
> A very low brilliance value wouldn't work because the whole half part
> of an object would be lit, and thus you can't have a black line at
> both sides of the object.

No, I meant a high value. If you use a value of around 15 or more, and
have the main light source very near the camera, the "shading" becomes
highly exaggerated, there are large areas of nearly flat color and the
objects have black edges.

> It's not a post-process filter either.
>
> It's a contrast "filter" made inside POV-Ray.
>
> The object itself is shaded by a light at the same location as the
> camera.
>
> In front of the object I have a plane with color rgb 0.5 and transmit
> 100 and ambient 1 and diffuse 0. Well, not exactly. Because of an
> unwanted "feature" in POV-Ray the actual method is slightly more
> complicated. You can read more about it in povray.general in the
> thread "transmit > 1". Unfortunately not many did reply to my
> questions there! :-(

Hmm, an interesting way to do it...the same as the "high brilliance"
method up to the point of the transmitting plane...

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/