POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Another post_process idea : Re: Another post_process idea Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another post_process idea
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2000 21:57:53
Message: <chrishuff_99-42CFE1.21005325042000@news.povray.org>
In article <njUGOUFjcnSZ3qj34lbk51m8BluE@4ax.com>, Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote:

> How hard would it be to do something like the following?
> This gives a fairly close approximation of Selenium Toning.
>
> Or maybe this?
> This gives a fairly close approximation of Sepia Toning
>
> Or maybe even this?
> This gives a very wild posterization effect

Those would be quite easy to do...but not in color_matrix. They should
all be possible with the specialized isosurface function idea though...

> I also wanted to ask if the values you are manipulating in your matrix
> are the raw unclipped values, or have they already been clipped? It
> might be handy to apply a matrix or a formula to either situation, for
> different reasons. The above effects are meant to work with values
> constrained between 0 and 1, but if I wanted to control image
> contrast, I would need to work with the raw unclipped valiues.

They are the raw, unclipped values. Maybe a clip_colors filter would be
useful, so different versions of each filter don't have to be made.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/