POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Help on comming up with keyword name : Re: Help on comming up with keyword name Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on comming up with keyword name
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jan 2000 14:08:48
Message: <chrishuff_99-42C1B8.14090109012000@news.povray.org>
In article <3878D443.E7B1EE2B@xenoarch.com>, Matthew Corey Brown -
XenoArch <mcb### [at] xenoarchcom> wrote:

> Okay I have a patch designed and am about ready to implement. But
> I haven't clue what to call the keyword. I have come up with two
> but rejected for various reasons.
>
> What it does:
> Its a new pigment (non pattern) that Transforms
> the ray and traces that to determine the color of the pigment.
> you would be able to make holograms, security monitors
> recursive images , surreal images etc.

Unless I completely misunderstand you, this sounds like something I have
been thinking about for some time now, but never got around to
implementing. I would call it "portal", because it would make the object
act like a link to another position in space.
And what I was thinking of would be less flexible than what you are
doing.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom