POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Having more trouble with Post Process Filters : Re: Having more trouble with Post Process Filters Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having more trouble with Post Process Filters
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 May 2000 22:23:39
Message: <chrishuff_99-3F8D17.21264701052000@news.povray.org>
In article <hjQOOQqJAR3goP0u2i1f2f6xW5=o@4ax.com>, Glen Berry
<7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote:

> Whenever I try to render one of Chris' demo files, I get the following
> type of error:
>
> Scene3.inc:32: error: transform identifier expected but { found
> instead.

Oops!
The compile I was using also incorporates my transform patch, which
allows transform {...} blocks to be used in objects, instead of just
"transform IDENTIFIER". The demo files use the new syntax, they began as
test files for it. I am not surprised Nathan didn't catch it when he ran
the files, since his compile probably also incorporates the transform
patch...
Just change the files so "transform {IDENTIFIER}" is changed to
"transform IDENTIFIER" and so the wrapping "transform {...}" is removed
from statements of the "transform {rotate|translate|scale|matrix}" type.

In other words, change this:
transform {aDeclaredTransform}
to this:
transform aDeclaredTransform

and this:
transform {
    rotate < X, Y, Z>
    scale < X, Y, Z>
}
to this:
rotate < X, Y, Z>
scale < X, Y, Z>

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/