POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : color_matrix post_process(4 test images) - attached files (1/1) : color_matrix post_process(4 test images) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  color_matrix post_process(4 test images) - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2000 10:06:58
Message: <chrishuff_99-3DC8C0.09091625042000@news.povray.org>
Here are a few test images of my color_matrix post_process patch, see
povray.unofficial.patches for details.
I have done two things with post_process: I have allowed them to be
specified in the camera statement(which is where I think they belong,
they can still be specified in global_settings with my patch though),
and I added a filter which transforms the colors of an image with a
matrix. The syntax is:
camera or global_settings {
    post_process {
        color_matrix {
            < N, N, N,
              N, N, N,
              N, N, N >
        }
    }
}

Here are 4 of the test images: the first is the unprocessed image, the
second is a simple black-and-white version, the third is a sepia tone
version, and the last is an attempt at a pastel look.
I will upload the source soon, maybe later today.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'color_matrix Plain.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'color_matrix BW.jpg' (14 KB) Download 'color_matrix Sepia.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'color_matrix Pastel.jpg' (19 KB)

Preview of image 'color_matrix Plain.jpg'
color_matrix Plain.jpg

Preview of image 'color_matrix BW.jpg'
color_matrix BW.jpg

Preview of image 'color_matrix Sepia.jpg'
color_matrix Sepia.jpg

Preview of image 'color_matrix Pastel.jpg'
color_matrix Pastel.jpg