POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wind Chimes(in progress, ~67KB before upload) - WindChimes.JPG (1/1) : Re: Wind Chimes(in progress, ~67KB before upload) - WindChimes.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wind Chimes(in progress, ~67KB before upload) - WindChimes.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2000 05:40:46
Message: <chrishuff_99-39477F.05420923022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38B3350A.B18A90CA@fci.net>, Pov### [at] aolcom wrote:

> Yup.  The little green blobs on the vines need to go. :)

Those are actually just plain green spheres, so I know where the leaves
will go. I have been working mostly on the stem part...
I have been thinking about the possibilities of using trace() to allow
the vines to "grow" along the bricks and mortar...right now they are
just arranged in a kind of bent plane.

> And a area light would be nice!

I'm not sure here...it is supposed to be a sun-lit scene with only a few
clouds in the sky. Shadows are pretty sharp under those conditions.
I am thinking of maybe putting a tree behind the view point so it's
shadow falls on the wall, in that case, an area light would probably be
good...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom