POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two more proximity pattern images - proxMediaA.JPG (1/1) : Re: Two more proximity pattern images Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two more proximity pattern images
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Feb 2000 15:37:48
Message: <chrishuff_99-38F576.15384708022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38A04675.AF00EED9@umich.edu>, Cyrrin <jef### [at] umichedu>
wrote:

> > This proximity pattern looks as though it offers some tremendous
> > possibilites!
>
> I've downloaded the megapov for linux, but I'm having trouble getting
> the parameters correct for the pattern.  It looks as though some of
> them have changed since your original post way-back-when. Would you
> be kind enough to post an example .pov file that I can experiment
> with, and maybe a description of the parameters?  (Or perhaps I
> missed this by not looking at the source directly?)

Some of the syntax was changed somewhere along the line while it was
being added to MegaPOV. However, they were just keyword changes.
I have uploaded a demo file which works with the MegaPOV 0.4 version:

From: Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom>
Newsgroups: povray.text.scene-files
Subject: Proximity pattern demo

The parameters and syntax are explained in the MegaPOV documentation. I
think ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Unofficial/MegaPOV/htmldocs.zip is
the latest HTML version.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom