POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blurred reflection question : Re: Blurred reflection question Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection question
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Mar 2000 07:12:43
Message: <chrishuff_99-375613.07141701032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38bcf1c4@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   I remember someone saying that there's a way to limit the
>   max_trace_level of blurred reflection calculations in the
>   global_settings. However, I can't find this information in the
>   documentation.
>   What is the syntax and how does it work?

There are two parameters in global_settings:
global_settings {
    reflection_blur_max INTEGER
    reflection_blur_max_adc FLOAT
}

The reflection_blur_max keyword specifies a max trace level for
blurring. The blurring will only be done below this level, after it is
reached plain reflection will be used. This is similar to the
max_trace_level keyword. The default value is the same as the default of
max_trace_level, I think.

The reflection_blur_max_adc keyword specifies the ADC bailout for
blurring. Blurring will only be done if the ADC weight is less than this
value. This is similar to the adc_bailout keyword. The default should be
1/255. There was a bug with this one, an integer instead of a float was
used for it's variable, but it should be fixed in the latest versions of
MegaPOV.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom