POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1) : Re: Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fly tying desk(~130K before upload) - Flies.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Jan 2000 17:48:32
Message: <chrishuff_99-358C14.17485515012000@news.povray.org>
In article <3880D8CB.17722966@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Like Bob I like what I see with the flies. The rest of it needs some
> serious work :)

:-)
Well, "the rest of it" pretty much consists of the vise, the fly box,
and the spools of thread. Everything else is a stand-in, and the texture
on the desk is just to give it more dimension for the test renders than
a flat color would have. The desk is really just 5 boxes arranged to
look somewhat like a table.

> I personaly would like to see the fly box as more the center of
> attention intead of being clipped on the right side.

Hmm, I was trying to center my scene around the fly being held in the
vise. Maybe eventually making it half-completed, with pieces still
hanging off of it. I will think about the box, though...

> The yellow plastic has too much highlighting

What yellow plastic? Oh, you mean the brass on the vise? It looked much
better before, I need to tweak the texture to work better with radiosity.
The problem is that I used falloff for the lights, so they are extremely
bright close to the source, and this shows in the reflections and the
radiosity. I might attempt using only radiosity illumination.

> and the work table is garish and distracting
> at best.

I call it just plain ugly. :-)

> Anxious to see it develop though :)

I will probably make a decent table first, and a floorlamp. At least,
once I come up with some good radiosity-safe textures for the rest of
the stuff.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom