POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) : Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Dec 1999 17:53:23
Message: <chrishuff_99-33BEB8.17534408121999@news.povray.org>
In article <1e2if1h.153on6f1bsrqniN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

> We tested the two scenes with your updated sources.
> There is improvement. It doesn't crash as often. Rendering one of the
> scenes over and over seems ok now. But rendering the two scenes
> alternating freezes the computer.

I was unable to reproduce this. I rendered the first one(320*240, no AA)
then rendered the second, and repeated this, but nothing goes wrong.
Are you using just the sources I uploaded, or are you adding them to
your version? If you are adding them to your version, make sure add the
code which copies and destroys proxObj.

Hmn, I don't think this should be a problem, but to destroy the object,
I used this:
  if(Tpat->proxObject != NULL)
  {
      Destroy_Object((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
      POV_FREE ((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
  }
Is the call to POV_FREE necessary? I don't think it is.
I had copied it from Destroy_CSG, and interpreted it as destroying the
pieces of the object, but not freeing the actual object. Now that I look
at it more closely, this seems likely to be the problem. Try deleting
the line
      POV_FREE ((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
and see if that fixes it.

--