POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : The math of circular truetype fonts : Re: The math of circular truetype fonts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The math of circular truetype fonts
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Feb 2000 21:08:53
Message: <chrishuff_99-2D32D5.21102025022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b7301f@news.povray.org>, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> If it is not in the docs then that is the bug. "strlen" should give the
> string length, at least it is a valid token.

It is implemented, (in Parse_Num_Factor() or something like that in
express.c). But I couldn't find it in the section of the documentation
with the string functions, although it was mentioned in other
places(4.1.1  Identifiers and Keywords, 4.1.3  Float Expressions, etc).

I found it's definition in 4.1.3.6  Float Functions:

strlen(S) Length of S . Returns an integer value that is the number of
characters in the string S .

This might need to be reorganized in the future, since although it
returns a float value, it is definitely a string function.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom