POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Simple flat curves : Re: Simple flat curves Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple flat curves
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Apr 2000 08:24:29
Message: <chrishuff_99-2C779B.08265001042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38E5F21F.E6649CF6@freenetname.co.uk>, Nigel Warner
<nwa### [at] freenetnamecouk> wrote:

> I want to draw a curved line between two points varying the thickness
> of the line as I go as if the line was drawn with a flat nibbed pen;
> thinner at the ends and fatter in the middle. The object I want is a
> slur used to join two notes or above a musical phrase.
>
>     I have looked through lot's of posts but I am still non the wiser as
> the maths is all a bit confusing.. Any pointers or better still a
> macro I can experiment with would be most educational.

What shape is it supposed to be?
If it is supposed to be flat, try using a polygon object. Or maybe a
prism object is what you are looking for. These are official version
features.

If it is shaped like a pipe with varying radius, try using the
sphere_sweep object, available in MegaPOV.
If you want to specify certain control points and use a spline to get
the "in-between" positions, there are two spline patches available in
MegaPOV.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/