POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process filters source code available : Re: post_process filters source code available Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process filters source code available
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Apr 2000 17:01:58
Message: <chrishuff_99-284B4C.16050430042000@news.povray.org>
In article <390c938d@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

> I've been playing around with your source (in preperation for the
> release of MegaPov 0.5) and I've made a number of
> modifications/improvements to your find_edges filter (which you
> labeled as "not ready for release").  If you'd like me to send you my
> changes, let me know.  The changes add anti-aliasing without the need
> for two theresholds, as well as removeing a few bugs, including one
> that would not permit a radius of 1.

Thanks, that is one reason I released the source instead of removing it
from the others(besides my being too lazy, that is): so others could
take a try at it. I would definitely be interested in your changes.

BTW, I figured out a quick and painless way to add a logo to the image
using multiply: make an image with a white background and your logo in
whatever color you want(darker is better, though). I generated an image
with a black background and a black text object in the lower left
corner, and used post_process invert and blur_matrix to get a kind of
"smudged" text on a white background.
Next, in the scene you are applying the logo to, add this post_process:

multiply {
    image_map {tga "logoimage.tga"
        map_type 0 interpolate 2
    }
}

Your logo will appear as a filtering layer on the image. And the image
map is already aligned to the image...
This doesn't work well with dark background images though...in that case
you could use an image with a black background and use add instead of
multiply.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/