POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) : Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Feb 2000 15:45:53
Message: <chrishuff_99-2387CC.15471824022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b54e72@news.povray.org>, "Mike Weber"
<mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote:

> Outstanding!!  Most realistic looking real-life thing.  I think the
> thorns or pricks or whatever you want to call them is what makes it
> realistic - the randomness, as well as the soft shadows.  Well done!!

Soft shadows? There is only one point light in the scene, no area
lights. I did use MegaPOV radiosity, that is probably what causes the
realistic lighting...it looks quite bad without radiosity.
Or did you mean the way the shadows from the spines break up the outline?

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom