POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Pigment patterns in an isosurface? : Re: Pigment patterns in an isosurface? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment patterns in an isosurface?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Feb 2000 16:20:03
Message: <chrishuff_99-1D529B.16205504022000@news.povray.org>
I would like to add my name to the list of people who want a better
Noise() function. Although I think a better way would just be to have it
controlled by the version. If the version is 3.1 or earlier at the time
of parsing, set the texture to use the older noise function as the
pattern. Otherwise use the new one. I don't think there will be a
problem with isosurfaces, but you could do something similar with them.

Basically, parse the patterns/function as a different thing depending on
the version. This would allow older textures/etc to appear exactly the
same while still allowing the newer version to be used.

I would fix it myself if I knew anything about noise functions.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom