POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Idea for functions : Re: Idea for functions Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idea for functions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 May 2000 17:03:37
Message: <chrishuff_99-1D34EA.16065105052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391333B4.E567C11F@videotron.ca>, pk <thi### [at] videotronca>
wrote:

> Oh, well... You could probably do a Basic interpreter(not gwbasic...
> QBasic would be good...)... It's got fast results, is turing complete,
> not hard to learn, and isn't too hard to interpret, if you drop all
> unneeded functions...

I have never seen BASIC referred to as "fast" before...and I fail to see
the point in supporting a language like BASIC when an extension of the
existing syntax would be sufficient.

> Or, you could also allow system calls... (function(system("/[whatever]",
> x))

How would that be useful for this application? Or are you talking about
something similar to the current "DLL" functions?

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/