POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hands : Re: Patch Request? was Re: Hands Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Request? was Re: Hands
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Apr 2000 13:06:25
Message: <chrishuff_99-1B984B.12090815042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38f4db0e@news.povray.org>, "Bill DeWitt"
<the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Here is a needed function, a branching blob statement.
>
> So that component (A) blobs with (B) and (C) but (B) and (C) don't blob
> together.
>
> Before someone suggests that I start to work.... not a chance, I
> doubt if I will even be able to learn to use it if someone else
> -does- make it...

Sorry, but I don't think this is possible...at least, not with the type
of blob POV uses(are there other kinds that would make this possible?).
A blob object is just an isosurface, all points where the sum of the
field of all of the components is equal to a certain threshold value. I
don't think it is possible to exclude components based on the "branch"
they are in.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/