POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torus problem (69KB) : Re: Torus problem (69KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus problem (69KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Apr 2000 22:10:03
Message: <chrishuff_99-1B983E.21130124042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3904F7A6.AF260EC3@hotmail.com>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> So it is the "ciagar" shape that messes up the
> reflections.
>
> That's a pity. =(
>
> Is this to be considered as a bug ?
>
> And if so, do you know if the other people you
> mentioned have posted a bug report on the subject?
>
> I have also noticed that this shape is hollow.
> And therefore it doesn't behave in CSG operations.

I think the reason you end up with a "cigar" shape at all is a bug. As I
recall, this is because the bounding gets messed up by the radius
settings, I think someone was working on a fix for it...which wouldn't
give a cigar shape, but the actual torus shape.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/