POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 0.5 and heightfield : Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 May 2000 07:03:24
Message: <chrishuff_99-19FF3F.06064619052000@news.povray.org>
In article <3925049C.1C146F91@umh.ac.be>, Fabian BRAU
<Fab### [at] umhacbe> wrote:

> No Megapov0.4 IS the correct one. I think a simple argument to prove
> it is that any scene must be scale independant (uniforme one of
> course). This is why normal was already modified. I think it would
> nice to keep the feature of megapov0.4 but one can keep backward
> compatibility with #version.

If the texture is not scaled along with the object, that is a problem.
Textures are supposed to be transformed along with the object by all
transformations after the texture...this will scale the object but not
the texture:
object {
    scale...
    texture {...}
}
while this will scale them both:
object {
    texture {...}
    scale...
}

If MegaPOV 0.4 behaved otherwise, it had a bug.
My guess is the fix slipped through with the transform syntax patch, it
is the only thing that I know of which affected transforms.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/