POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with textobject. : Re: Problem with textobject. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:10:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with textobject.
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Feb 2000 16:26:26
Message: <chrishuff_99-184EFE.16272004022000@news.povray.org>
In article <mYR### [at] econymdemoncouk>, Mike Williams
<mik### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

> What's happening is that the automatic generation of bounding slabs has
> some sort of a problem with CGI differences, and this is causing it to
> check for intersections with the text in lots of places where the text
> can't possibly be.

Probably due to the plane being an infinite object. Oh, and it's CSG,
not CGI. :-)

> The fix is to add a manual bounding box to the text, like:-

Why did I not think of this? It is much better than my previously
suggested box method...although a box is a bit faster than a plane
anyway. Try using a single large box(instead of a plane) and also
bounding the text object.

I still can't see how I missed that bounding thing... :-(

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom