POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Transforming an object without transforming its texture : Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Mar 2000 11:33:04
Message: <chrishuff_99-16018E.11345412032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CBC0EF.C3BD1DA5@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Now correct me if I am wrong here but Warp wants the texture to NOT
> translate along with the object. Now if I were to make a complex
> tropical fish with multiple textures I can tell you right now I
> would want my textures to stay where I put them. If you don't you
> will have textures lining up in all the wrong places. With trees
> you might have leaf textures where bark is supposed to be and with
> a fleet of space ships you might have glass where the hull texture
> is supposed to be. I don't understand your examples at all.

With a tree, the leaves would be separate textures from the bark. Moving
the tree without moving the textures would mean that the colors of the
leaves would change, and the bark would be different for each tree, but
they would still look like trees(with nearly identical shapes, but the
different colorations would disguise much of that).
With space ships, glass would have a different texture than the hull
plates. Each ship would have different sets of hull plates and other
features, but each texture would be applied where it is supposed to be.
With fish, the same goes. Different fish would have different patterns
of colors, but the textures would be applied in the same place.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom