POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows : Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Apr 2000 10:06:33
Message: <chrishuff_99-11A90D.09093528042000@news.povray.org>
In article <39092043.AF6883F7@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> I don't see why. Once the instructions are parsed the operation
> would be performed at the program level.

No, the macro would have to be parsed at least once for every pixel.
Without completely redoing the parser, it can't be parsed once and
executed multiple times. This could be quite slow, and I have no idea
how it would be implemented. Isosurface functions would be a lot faster,
and could do nearly everything a macro could do.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/