POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov : Re: Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Dec 1999 11:43:06
Message: <chrishuff_99-10ED4E.11432305121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384a8e7a@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>   The ultra_wide_angle camera differs a lot in the official povray and
>   uvpov.
> The difference is not only in the measurement of the angle (you can't get
> the same image in uvpov is in the official pov just by changing the
> camera angle and nothing else).
>   What changes has been made to the ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov?

I remember reading about a bug in the official version with the
ultra_wide_angle camera, I think it had something to do with a value not
being multiplied by pi when it should have been. UVPov might fix this
bug, which would be why it produces different results.

However, I can't find where I saw this bug...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom