POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process suggestions? : Re: post_process suggestions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process suggestions?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Apr 2000 10:14:37
Message: <chrishuff_99-09C6EF.09173928042000@news.povray.org>
In article <39095F35.84A14C89@stud.ntnu.no>, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

> I use "Levels" a lot to increase contrast. It's very useful for
> scanned and rendered images, because the scanner/renderer doesn't
> always distribute the colour values very well. That is making the
> darkest (rgb combined) pixel black and the lightest white. Could
> probably implement some means of controlling how white and how black
> it should be.

This sounds like the "highlight/midtone/shadow level adjustment" filter
which is still in the "to-do" list. I would like to make a filter which
allows you to adjust each of these independantly for each color channel,
but I don't want to "invent" my own math for the process, I want to use
whatever is being used in professional programs like Photoshop. If
anyone has some equations for this...?

Or are you talking about an automatic thing that goes through the image
looking for the darkest and brightest pixels, and adjusts the image so
those pixels are black and white? That could be done...

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/