POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Help on comming up with keyword name : Re: Help on comming up with keyword name Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on comming up with keyword name
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Jan 2000 10:29:59
Message: <chrishuff_99-04B9A3.10301410012000@news.povray.org>
In article <387958f4@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

> I would use a syntax as a mix between image_map and camera.  You'd
> specify a
> bunch of camera options, and then image_map options.  The image_map
> options
> would determine the mapping (which determines the x and y values that),
> and
> the camera options would determine how the new ray that was created (by
> calling create_ray with those x and y values).  Then, you'd just have to
> trace the ray that create_ray created.

I think I see what you are saying, sort of UV-map a camera onto the
object?
Hmm, and two additional types would be a pseudo-orthographic(where the
rays are always shot in the same direction, no matter what their
position), and one where the rays are always shot through a point in
space. This might be similar to perspective.

This could be a very fun tool, especially with warps and pigment_maps.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom