POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface feature request : Re: Isosurface feature request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface feature request
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Jan 2000 20:32:41
Message: <chrishuff_99-026BEE.20324201012000@news.povray.org>
In article <386EA3D7.1A53D563@xenoarch.com>, Matthew Corey Brown -
XenoArch <mcb### [at] xenoarchcom> wrote:

> yes there is an array in iso_func.c with a string and the function name,
>
> the parse function calls a lookup function to put a pointer to the
> function into the function data struct, do a search on isopigment of the
> source, its been a year since i wrote it heh, maybe one of the other
> patchers that have added more functions then I could correct me and add
> the missing data.

Hmn, thanks for the help.

> > Well, when I said that, I was thinking about the precision of the color
> > blending code, which I don't understand at all.
> >
> Basically it does this
> T=eval_pattern
> CM[x] < T > CM[x+1] (finding x is fast if you have a color map with 2
> entries ie {[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]} )
>
> rat = (T-CM[x])/(CM[x+1]-CM[x])
> then Color=Color[x]*(1-rat)+Color[x+1]*rat
>
> umm i wish i could put it in english but it does a weighted average of
> the colors, based on distance of T from the closest entries on the color
> map.

Thanks, sounds somewhat similar to my z-buffer code.
If you put it into english, I probably couldn't understand it, no matter
how well you phrased it. :-)
Not that I have problems with english, it is the only human language I
know(although I can barely understand some written spanish, and can get
the sense of some other languages that are related closely enough). I
just find this type of explanation a lot easier to understand.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom