POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guggenheim musuem NY(WIP) : Re: Guggenheim musuem NY(WIP) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guggenheim musuem NY(WIP)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Feb 2001 16:03:45
Message: <chrishuff-FF93AF.16020328022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A9D3323.62E121D8@gmx.net>, Thomas <tho### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:

> What I haven't been able to achieve is that the walls stay
> white, instead of the blue-ish tint they get now.

As Francois Labreque said, this is because your sky is too blue. Use a
paler shade of blue, with more red and green, and maybe put some simple
clouds on it. I usually use a big, hollow sphere with ambient 1 and a
wrinkles pigment with a blue-white color_map for tests.

> And that the area between the cones stays really dark. Any clue how I
> can achieve that? If I turn up the ambient of the finish it gets
> whiter, but then the the dark area goes a way as well.

Turning up the ambient simply makes your objects themselves emit
light...this is not what you want, unless you are doing luminescent
panels covering everything. ;-)
Try increasing the recursions of the radiosity, and adjusting the
"brightness" parameter.

> And the walls are to clean as well they need something that gives it a
> bit more structure, but normal bumps didn't look good on it.

Add "normal on" to the radiosity block to have it take normal modifiers
into account in the radiosity calculations, this may be your problem.

Also, if you aren't doing so already, *use MegaPOV*. The radiosity in
MegaPOV has been greatly improved over that in 3.1, and is much closer
to what it is in 3.5. It is easier to use, faster, and has several
bug-fixes. You can often just use the defaults or a generic set of
settings and get good results.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><