POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu) : Re: Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Sep 2000 07:17:01
Message: <chrishuff-F9944E.06184708092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b8910e@news.povray.org>, "GrimDude"
<gri### [at] netzerocom> wrote:

> I won't use lens flares, because I had to introduce ambient_light
> <1,1,1> to make them work right. Also, one approach on clouds had to
> be abandoned because I had adapted high ambient values. Too bad, too.
> It was purely texture related.

Maybe you should leave ambient_light at 1, and mess with the default
texture instead. That way, all textures which specify an ambient will
get it, but you can set the default to 0. If you still want a way to
globally control your ambient values, make a multiplier variable:
#declare AmbMult = 0.15;
finish {ambient Val*AmbMult}

--
Christopher James Huff